{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Montie FM suspends ‘Mugabe’

Salifu Maase, popularly known as Mugabe
The radio presenter who was in-charge of affairs when threats were issued on the lives of judges in the country on Montie FM has been suspended by the station.

Salifu Maase, popularly known as Mugabe, claimed in his affidavit to the Supreme Court that his appointment was suspended on July 4, after the infamous commentary was made by the two panelists on the show.


In the affidavit leaked by the Daily Guide newspaper, ‘Mugabe’ admitted that he is an employee of Montie FM “But my appointment with the station was suspended on 4th July, 2016 until further notice due to the matters giving rise to the application herein”.

He said he did not encourage the two panelists to threaten judges.

“I took part and participated in a programme on Montie FM on the said days but I deny threatening to kill Supreme Court and High Court justices because I was not happy with the orders directing the Electoral Commission to furnish this honourable court with the list of NHIS card holders.

“I did not know the statements I made were contemptuous. I did not ask that the passport of the Chief Justice alone should be seized.

“I did not willfully make clear statements which were intended to undermine the dignity, sanctity, and authority of this honourable court. Later, after carefully listening to the transcript attached to the affidavit in support, I realized that some of the statements made by me and the others on the 24th June could be contemptuous,” portions of the affidavit read.

Source: Starrfmonline.com

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome