{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

"I’m where I am because of Danny Nettey" - Joe Mettle

More tributes continue to pour in from Ghanaians and across the world after the demise of popular Ghanaian worshipper, Danny Nettey.

Ghanaian gospel singer and writer, Joseph Oscar Mettle, better known on stage as Joe Mettle says he would not be where he is had it not been for Danny Nettey.


“He taught me how to love God and put my life at the service of others,” he said.
Mr Nettey, 42, died on the dawn of Friday, 15 July 2016 at 2:00a.m.

His family confirmed Mr Nettey died at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital on Friday.

A family statement said: “The cause of death is currently unknown and will be established after an autopsy [has been] completed. Information regarding his funeral arrangements will be announced by the family in the coming days.”

Speaking on the Joy FM’s Walk with Jesus programme Sunday, Joe Mettle said Mr Nettey is that person who would share with you the “deep things of the Lord.”

“I’d say that as an individual and as a worship leader he made me,” he said, adding, even though the minister is “gone his legacy” still lingers on.


More tributes:

Vice President of the Republic of Ghana, Paa Kwesi Amissah Arthur tweeted:

“Sad to learn of the passing of Danny Nettey. He was a pillar of the gospel and a great musician. May his family be comforted.”

Host of relationship programme on Adom FM/Adom TV, Akumaa Mama Zimbe wrote on her Facebook wall;

“Danny Nettey, the great gospel musician and songwriter is dead. May his gentle soul rest in peace.”

Private legal practitioner, Kofi Bentil, wrote on his Facebook:

“Last week You sent me a contract to review for the Worship Concert coming up
You called to check on it a few days..”

Danny Netty was the host of Joy FM’s Worship Zone aired every Sunday.

Some of his songs are: I believe, Adom (by grace), My all 2 u, I am the Lord, I will never leave, It's not hard, Revive us, God's eyes on Africa, I will worship, Sanctify me, Hold on, In Your presence, and Thank you.

Source: myjoyfmonline.com

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome