{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Google Helped Me Kill My Pregnant Girlfriend...

The Suspect
A 19-year-old undergraduate, Ade, who allegedly stabbed his 19-year-old pregnant girlfriend twice on her stomach, and slashed her throat, has revealed how a Google search suggested the idea to him.

Narrating the incident to Nigerian Tribune, Ade said:

I met my girlfriend about two months ago on Facebook. We had a mutual friend and I added her. She accepted my request and we got to know each other. I proposed a relationship to her and she accepted. We had sex only once on July 4. I did not protect myself.

On August 10, she told me that she was pregnant. The next morning, on Thursday August 11, she called me that her parents wanted to see me. I went to her parents at Alaro area of Ibadan and they wanted to know what my intention was on the pregnancy. I suggested that she had an abortion but they said they could not abort for their daughter because it was against their belief. I told them that I would get back to them on Monday, August 15.

I left for home confused, but on the way home, different thoughts went through my mind because I didn’t want my parents to know. I didn’t want to disappoint them. I was with my phone at home and I picked it and typed ‘What to do if my girlfriend does not want to have an abortion on Google’. It brought out different options that I can deny, which I didn’t deny.

Another option was to convince her to have an abortion, which did not work. There were also other options but the last one was that I could kill her. I chose that option because she was the only one who knew my house and I believed that if I killed her, no one would be able to trace my house and I would get away with my action.

To kill, Google gave me an option to use poison, which I knew no pharmacy would sell to me. Other options were to use a gun or a knife. Knife was easy to get, so I went to the market same day to buy a knife and returned to her house. I did not meet her at home so I called her and waited for her. When she came in, I attacked her with the knife but she was resisting. I stabbed her on the right and left sides of her stomach and slashed her throat.

Unfortunately for me, her screams got to a neighbour and he came in. Coincidentally, he is a policeman so he handcuffed me and I was arrested. It was the fear of disappointing my parents that made me take the action. 

Tribune reports that the suspect, who is a 100-level student in a university in South-West Nigeria is currently in custody at the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (SCIID), Oyo State Police Command, over an alleged murder attempt.

The incident took place on Thursday, August 11, at the residence of his girlfriend’s parents at Sango-Alaro area of Ibadan at about 2:30PM. The girlfriend’s neighbour, Sergeant Ayeni Oluwafemi, after hearing the cry for help, arrested the suspect who he found with a knife, and called for assistance to save the girl.

The girlfriend is currently battling for her life at the Intensive Care Unit of a Hospital in South-West Nigeria. The Oyo State Police Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Adekunle Ajisebutu, who confirmed the report said that the suspect would be arraigned in court after the conclusion of investigations.

Source: Nigerian Tribune

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome