{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Trump: 'I'll take $1 a year' as president

President-elect Donald Trump will take $1 a year as his presidential salary

Trump made the revelation on Sunday nights "60 Minutes," telling Lesley Stahl that he didn't even know what the presidential salary is.

"I think I have to by law take $1, so I'll take $1 a year. But it's a -- I don't even know what it is. Do you know what the salary is?"

Stahl informed him that it's "$400,000 you're giving up."

"No, I'm not going to take the salary. I'm not taking it," he responded.

Trump again said he will release his tax returns "at the appropriate time." He refused to do so during the campaign because he is under routine audit by the IRS.
 
"Nobody cares," he told "60 Minutes."

"The only one who cares is, you know, you and a few people that asked that question. Obviously, the public didn't care because I won the election very easily. So they don't care. I never thought they did care.


Source: The Hill

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome