Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from November 5, 2016

Mexico's richest man says Trump's plans would 'destroy' U.S. economy

Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim said on Friday that Donald Trump's plans would "destroy" the United States economy and joked that the Republican presidential candidate's proposed wall at the border would be undermined by smuggling tunnels.
Slim made his first public comments since Trump accused him of trying to help the candidate's Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, in the U.S. election at an event in Mexico City.
Slim said that he thought it was unlikely Trump would win the election on Tuesday, and dismissed the New York businessman's economic proposals.

"If they slap on a 35 percent (tariff) it would destroy the American economy," he said at an event in Mexico City, referring to Trump's threat to put a 35 percent tax on many goods manufactured in Mexico and shipped to the United States.
The comments appeared to pit Slim, who for several years was the richest man in the world, against Trump, who has said his business acumen and exper…

Nigeria schoolgirl missing from Chibok 'found with baby'

One of the Chibok schoolgirls abducted in Nigeria has been found with a 10-month-old baby son, the military says. 
The girl was discovered in Pulka in northern Borno state, spokesman Sani Usman said. 
The announcement came nearly a month after another 21 Chibok girls were freed after negotiations with Boko Haram Islamist militants.

More than 270 schoolgirls were seized from the north-eastern town in April 2014, sparking international outrage.
Mr Usman said the latest girl to be found was discovered by soldiers screening escapees from Boko Haram's base in the Sambisa forest. 
Boko Haram has been fighting a long insurgency in its quest for an Islamic state in northern Nigeria. The conflict is estimated to have killed more than 30,000 people.
Boko Haram has kidnapped thousands of other people during its seven-year insurgency in northern Nigeria and many people have been made homeless. 
The freeing of 21 girls in October came after talks mediated by the International Committee of th…

Rihanna dethrones Kanye West's Yeezys to become ‘Queen of Shoes’

Rihanna’s first shoe for Puma, the Creeper, sold out within 3 hours after it was debuted last year and it continued to gain momentum during this year. The Fenty Puma Creeper was the only choice for the 2016 Shoe of the Year: 
The sought-after honor will be presented at the 30th annual Footwear News Achievement Awards in New York on Nov. 29.

Rihanna told Footwear News: “In my wildest dreams, I never would have imagined an honor like Shoe of the Year,”  “It means so much to me to make a mark like this in the shoe and sneaker industry and to have so many people share my love for the Creeper.”FN selects the shoe of the year based on retail sales, consumer feedback, social media prowess and overall buzz. The award has been handed out just three times: Kanye West took it home last year for his hit Yeezy Boost 350 sneaker with Adidas.


In 2014, tennis legend Stan Smith was on hand to accept the prize for his own hot signature shoe with Adidas. The Creeper, which has been worn by Cara De…

South Sudan’s current Minister for Water Resources and Irrigation steps out in Afro wig

Hon.Mabior Garang De Mabior, whose father was a former President of Sudan, is the current minister for Water Resources and Irrigation in South Sudan. Mabior posted photos of him wearing an Afro wig.


More photos











Yvonne Nelson covers Blank Magazine

Actress and Movie Producer, Yvonne Nelson is the cover girl for the November edition of Blanck Magazine.

About a year ago, Nelson led a team of celebrities to press home the need for the government to solve the poor power situation in the country.

In the cover story, she talks about her trials, tribulations and triumphs during the run up to the #DumsorMustStop protests and after.

She also speaks on the need for celebrities to make use of platforms available to them for public good.

Woman who accused Trump of rape drops lawsuit

A woman who accused Donald Trump of raping her as a young girl in the 1990s has dropped her lawsuit against him.
Politico reported that the unidentified woman, going by the pseudonym "Jane Doe," dropped the New York federal lawsuit Friday without explanation.
The woman was scheduled to hold a press conference this week to discuss the accusations publicly for the first time, but her attorney said that she canceled after receiving threats.

The suit alleges that Trump and Jeffrey Epstein, a New York financier who later pleaded guilty to soliciting a young girl, sexually assaulted and raped the woman, then 13, at a series of parties in 1994.
Trump has vehemently denied the allegations.
The most recent lawsuit was the latest of three to be filed over the same allegations. The first was dismissed, and the second was withdrawn and then refiled in September.

Brad Pitt Files for Joint Physical Custody of Kids in Angelina Jolie Divorce Response

Brad Pitt will seek joint physical custody of his six children with Angelina Jolie in their ongoing divorce.
The actor filed his response to Jolie’s petition on Friday, and is asking to share joint physical and joint legal custody of the children with his soon-to-be ex-wife, PEOPLE confirms. In her Sept. 19 divorce filing, Jolie requested sole physical custody with visitation rights for Pitt. 
Custody of the couple’s six children — Maddox, 15, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and 8-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne — has been a major point of contention between the former couple as they’ve been locked in divorce negotiations over the past several weeks.

“They are still working on issues that they can’t agree on. It seems their issues still involve the kids,” a source close to the family recently told PEOPLE.
“Brad and Angie haven’t had any contact, and it’s all being worked out via their teams,” said the family source recently. “It’s just a sad situation.”

US says Afghanistan air raid killed al-Qaeda leader

A US army air raid in Afghanistan last month killed one of the senior al-Qaeda leaders in the country, the Pentagon said.
Faruq al-Qatani, who served as al-Qaeda's leader for northeastern Afghanistan and had been assigned by the group's leadership to re-establish safe havens in the country, was killed in the October 23 bombing in Kunar, Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said on Friday in a statement.
Al-Qaeda have yet to comment.

"We can now confirm that the precision strike conducted by the US military on October 23 in Kunar, Afghanistan, resulted in the death of senior al-Qaeda leader Faruq al-Qatani," Cook said.
He said the Pentagon was still assessing the result of a separate air raid on the same day targeting another al-Qaeda leader in Afghanistan, Bilal al-Utabi.
Big military offensives in Pakistan against the local Taliban have pushed hundreds of fighters across the border into Afghanistan where they seek safety in areas controlled by the Afghan Taliban.

Sourc…

Yaya Toure Apologises For ‘Misunderstandings’

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has apologised to the club for “misunderstandings from the past”.
City manager Pep Guardiola has said he will not pick Toure until his agent Dimitri Seluk apologises for criticising the decision to leave him out of the Champions League squad.
“I wish to apologise – on behalf of myself and those who represent me,” said the Ivory Coast player. The 33-year-old added that he wants “to help City succeed further”.

Seluk said Toure, whose £200,000-a-week contract expires next summer, had been “humiliated” when he was not included in City’s Champions League squad.
Guardiola, who was Barcelona boss when Toure was sold to City in 2010, responded at the time by saying: “Seluk must apologise. If he doesn’t, he won’t play.
Asked by BBC Sport about Guardiola’s stance, Seluk then said: “What do I need to apologise for?”
“Those statements do not represent my views on the club or the people who work there,” added Toure on Friday, who has not played for City si…

‘Killer’ Grabbed With Weapons And Mask

The Accra Regional Police have arrested a 43-year-old land guard at Amamoley in the Ga West Municipality of the Greater Accra region for allegedly possessing a number of powerful rifles, machetes, ammunition magazines and facial masks.
The suspect, identified as Charles Donkor aka Killer, reportedly concealed the items in a bag in his room.
Information gathered indicates that he often supplies the deadly weapons to armed robbers and other land guards for their operations for a fee.

This is the second time Killer is said to have been arrested for dealing in firearms.
Police reports indicate that he was grabbed in 2013 for the same offence.
He was later fined by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Briefing the media, the Accra Regional Police Commander, ACP Timothy Yoosa Bonga, said Charles Donkor was arrested with the weapons, including the live ammunition at about 11:30 pm on Wednesday, November 2, 2016.
He said the Regional Police Command, acting upon intelligence, embarked on an op…

US election 2016: Trump momentum forces new Clinton effort

As opinion polls suggest Donald Trump is gaining support, Hillary Clinton has been holding rallies in states that had been considered safe for the Democrats.
A BBC correspondent says both teams are now concentrating more on getting their supporters to vote rather than swaying those undecided. 
Thirty-seven million early ballots have already been cast.

US authorities say they are assessing the credibility of information on a possible al-Qaeda terror attack.
New York, Texas and Virginia are believed to be the potential targets mentioned in connection with a possible attack before election day on Tuesday, but a police spokesman said the information "lacks specificity".
Officials say they regularly assess all possible threats before major events. 
News of a possible attack came as both Mrs Clinton and Mr Trump made final pushes for support in battleground states across the US.
They both held rallies in Ohio and Pennsylvania, two states that may prove crucial on Tuesday. 
In Cle…

White South African forces a black boy into a coffin (Video)

In the video which has gone viral on social media, an unidentified white South African man has been seen in a persuasive manner, forcing a young black boy into a coffin at an empty land. The man who can be heard speaking Afrikaans and Zulu is believed to have shot the provoking video somewhere in South Africa. 

Watch the video