{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Trump says 'He don’t like tweeting’

President-elect Donald Trump declared in an interview released late Tuesday that he dislikes tweeting and uses Twitter as a defense against media.

"Look, I don't like tweeting," Trump insisted during a Fox News interview scheduled to air Wednesday. "I have other things I could be doing."

"But I get very dishonest media, very dishonest press. And it's my only way that I can counteract. When people make misstatements about me, I'm able to say it and call it out."

Trump additionally promised he would reduce his Twitter activity once the press treats him more respectfully.
"Now if the press were honest, which it's not, I would absolutely not use Twitter," he told host Ainsley Earhardt on "Fox & Friends," adding, "I wouldn't have to."

Trump has repeatedly used Twitter for savaging opponents ranging from lawmakers to foreign leaders and even celebrities.

Critics have voiced concern, however, that the social media platform's 140-character limit is too simplistic for complex policy issues.

Trump's tweets, meanwhile, have at times driven news cycles and even caused stock market prices to seesaw.

The president-elect on Tuesday, for example, continued his feud with Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) by accusing the civil rights icon of lying about boycotting past presidential inaugurations.

"John Lewis said about my inauguration, 'It will be the first one that I've missed," Trump tweeted. "WRONG (or a lie)!"

"He boycotted Bush 43 because he...'thought it would be hypocritical to attend Bush's swearing-in...he doesn't believe Bush is the true elected president.' Sound familiar! WP."

Lewis said last week he does not consider Trump a "legitimate president" on account of intelligence reports Russia tried tipping the 2016 presidential race in the billionaire's favor.

The Georgia lawmaker also said he would not attend Trump's inauguration this Friday, spurring dozens of fellow House Democrats to follow suit.

Source: The Hill

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome