{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

To be successful in life, getting grade ‘A’ in school is needless – Nana Aba Anamoah

According to Ghbase.com, News anchor and journalist Nana Aba Anamoah has revealed that she has never in her life made grade A in school. She said her best grade was a B, and she made this grade only once.

The eloquent newsreader posited that she thinks her intelligence quotient (IQ) is below average. For this reason, she said as a student, she failed many subjects in school especially Mathematics and Science.

“I think my IQ is below average- way below average and When I see people crying because they had failed certain courses, I say to them, ‘Are you mad?’ Do you know the courses, me as I’m standing here, I have failed?

I hate school and that’s a fact, I don’t like school. I like to go to school to listen to the teacher but the moment you say examination, oh God, I hate examinations.

Because for some reasons, in my life, I never made an ‘A’…oh even B, I think it was just once. I swear to God. B was just once,” she told University of Ghana students at an interaction section with practitioners who have excelled their career field during this year’s Career Week celebrations organized by the Careers and Counseling Centre.

The situation she said got her father worried and at a point, he ask her if she needed to see counselor. “At some point my father asked me, do you have to see a counselor?” She said.

The Career Week 2017 themed, “Own Your Career; Don’t Dream It, Be It” was held from Tuesday, 28th February, 2017 to Saturday, 4th February, 2017. The 2017 Career Fair is to help students find out more about what is going on in the working world, to explore different fields and career paths and to develop network of contacts for future use.

The University of Ghana Careers and Counseling Centre was set up to provide students and staff of the university with the opportunity to receive support from trained professionals about their personal, educational and career goals. The main aim is to assist students in formulating and achieving personal, education and career goals.

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome