{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Tommy Page, Singer and Former Billboard Publisher, Dies at 46

According to Billboard, Singer-songwriter and music industry executive Tommy Page, best known for his No. 1 single "I'll Be Your Everything," was found dead Friday (March 3) of an apparent suicide. He was 46.

Page started his career as a recording artist for Sire Records and topped the Billboard Hot 100 with his single, "I'll Be Your Everything" in April 1990. The song was written by Page, along with Jordan Knight and Danny Wood of Page's tourmates New Kids on the Block. The group's Donnie Wahlberg, along with Knight, also had a hand in producing the track.

Page later returned to NYU's Stern School of Business to pursue his career as a music executive. He recorded nine studio albums and continued to tour throughout his career.

"My whole life I dreamed of having a No. 1 record, ever since I could remember getting into music. I wanted to be on top of the Billboard charts," Page remembered in 2011.


Page later joined Warner Bros./Reprise Records, where he served as an A&R executive and vice president of top 40 promotion. During that time, he helped shape the careers of many successful artists, including Michael Buble, Alanis Morissette, Josh Groban, David Foster and Green Day.

In 2011, Page left Warner Bros./Reprise to join Billboard as associate publisher. The following year he was promoted to publisher.

"Ever since childhood, I've had big aspirations for my music career," Page said at the time. "In the inscription below my senior picture in my high school yearbook, I actually wrote 'Billboard charts, here I come!' -- a hopeful pipe dream from an ordinary Jersey kid."

In 2013, Page left Billboard to become Pandora's vp of artist and brand partnerships, where his history as a recording artist helped him play a significant role in the company's recent outreach to the artist and music-business community after years of criticism over its royalty rates.

In 2015, Page joined Cumulus Media as senior vice president of brand partnerships. Page most recently served as VP of music partnerships at the Village Voice.

He is survived by his husband, Charlie, and their three children.

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome