{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Whoopi Goldberg Suing Over Fake News Story – Watch “The View” Video

Whoopi Goldberg revealed on Monday’s “The View” that she’s suing over a fake news story she says endangered her and her family. Check out the video above.

During “Hot Topics” on the ABC talk show, Goldberg announced, “Something came out in a fake news website about me. It endangered my family’s life and it endangered my life.” She explained that the untrue story falsely claimed she slammed the Navy Seal widow who was featured in Donald Trump’s speech to Congress. As Gossip Cop reported, “The View” co-hosts did discuss that part of the president’s address, but Goldberg never said a bad word about the woman.

The fake news story, she said, was “created by a guy who just wanted to see how quickly stories he made up would spread.” And spread this did, apparently to the point where people who believed it began threatening Goldberg and her loved ones. She angrily said, “I know you’re in Costa Rica, sir, because you said where you were. If I hadn’t been made aware of this, I could’ve found out about this at the end of a barrel of a gun.”

Goldberg vowed to “get some kind of legislation going” to combat the problem of fake news. “Clearly, you don’t care what could’ve happened to me or to my family,” she said of the unnamed perpetrator, going on to reveal, “Man, I’m telling you, you cost me money because I had to protect my family. Costa Rica isn’t big enough for this lawsuit that’s coming for you.”

The show’s moderator also acknowledged that Trump himself is also a victim of fake news. “Just so we’re clear, just so we’re really clear, I want these protections in place for the current president, for his family,” Goldberg insisted. She went on to say, “Sir, the fact that you don’t give a crap that this endangered me is unconscionable, and I’m going to get my lawyer and I’m coming for you.”

Watch the video below....

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome