{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

I will make history on Saturday - Joe Mettle

Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) nominee, Joe Mettle has told Showbiz that he is hopeful of making history as the first Gospel artiste to win the converted Artiste of the Year award when the event comes off on Saturday, April 8 at the Accra International Conference Centre.

According to Graphic.com.gh, since the inception of the Ghana Music Awards in 1999, no Gospel artiste has won the ultimate prize but Joe Mettle has told Showbiz he is confident of breaking that jinx come Saturday, adding that a win for him will also be a victory for the entire gospel industry in the country.

“I am confident that we can win this for the first time and I urge everyone to continue to support this. It will not be just a win for myself and my team, but a win for the entire gospel music industry in Ghana including those who have come before me and have worked so hard in this space,” he said.

Speaking about the support he has received from the public and other industry persons who have tipped him to earn the bragging rights as VGMA Artiste of the Year, Joe Mettle described this as overwhelming but urged the public to back their support with votes to enable him secure victory.

“I am very humbled and excited as well especially by the support I have received from my colleague musicians and the general public as well.

“I know it is just by God's grace that we have come this far. I am confident that we can win this for the first time and I urge everyone to continue to support me,” he added.

Joe Mettle, however, pointed out that despite the prestige and appeal of the VGMAs, there was still the need for the gospel industry in the country to have its own unique award scheme which would recognise and reward the achievements of only gospel artistes.

He explained that when this is done, it has the potential of boosting the growth of the gospel industry and making it even more lucrative for new entrants.

“I believe that the VGMA has benefits and add to the work we do. However, a scheme with a specific focus on gospel music, will be another opportunity to encourage and promote the work we do as gospel musicians which I know we are working hard and doing a great job,” he added.

The Owawani singer is in the VGMA Artiste of the Year race with Sarkodie, Mz Vee, Stonebwoy, Medikal and EL.

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome