{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

'I’m thinking of running for president' - Former Vice President Amissah-Arthur

Former Vice President Paa Kwesi Amissah-Arthur has said he is thinking about contesting the 2020 presidential election on the ticket of the National Democratic Congress (NDC).

Mr Amissah-Arthur told journalists at the Asomdwee Park on the sidelines of the commemoration ceremony of the fifth anniversary of President John Evans Atta Mills’ death that: "I am not considering it [running for president] but people have come to me and I am thinking about it". 

Even though he revealed that the party’s objective is to mend internal cracks, he indicated that: "As of now, I am not in the race but nobody knows what will happen in a year's time".

"It takes a lot of work. I saw what Prof. Mills did. I saw him travelling around this country. I saw him meet people. I saw him prepare. You have to prepare a message…You can't just want to be president because you want to be president [but] because you want to deliver something to the country so I am not there yet," he said.


credit: Classfmonline.com

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome