{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

''Silence Is Not Golden'' - Kafui Danku Opens Up About Her Life In A Recent Interview


It is no secret that Ghanaian filmmaker Kafui Danku has been very open about her life. From her miscarriages to stillbirth.  The actress and producer who was a guest on the online show Trendsetters with Yaa Somuah, talked about how societal pressures can affect married couples who are unable to bear children.

She disclosed that..

'' I want people to support them, they should stop judging couples who are in marriages and are not having children because you may not know what they are going through.  I had three (3) miscarriages very few people knew about it. I had a stillbirth nobody knew about it so when I came out and told my story, I knew people were suffering in silence. A lot of people now opened up to me and some of them even shared their stories to me. Some them are heartbreaking. What we need are support groups.''

Kafui also revealed plans on starting her very own support group. She said...

''I will call it 'Silence is not Golden' because we have been brought up to believe that silence is golden and that silence has been killing us for a very long time.''

Watch the short interview below to find out the real story about how she met her husband, and other interesting details about her life, family and career.



Trendsetters with Yaa Somuah is a weekly online talk show hosted by Ghanaian entrepreneur and content creator Yaa Somuah. It airs Wednesday nights on yaasomuah.com. The show aims to empower, entertain and inspire millennials.

 For further enquires contact: trendsetters@yasomuah.com

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome