{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Tupac Prison Letter Reveals He Dumped Madonna Because She's White

A prison letter written by Tupac Shakur is up for auction and is likely to fetch over $100,000. But it’s the subject matter that’s gotten everyone’s attention.

In the letter to Madonna, Tupac admitted that he ended their relationship because she’s white.

“For you to be seen with a black man wouldn’t in any way jeopardize your career,” he confessed in the letter dated January 15, 1995. “If anything it would make you seem that much more open and exciting ... But for me at least in my previous perception I felt due to my ‘image’ I would be letting down half of the people who made me what I thought I was.”

Tupac goes on to write that he never meant to hurt Madonna, and explained even further his reasoning.

“As you can see I have grown both spiritually and mentally. It no longer matters how I’m perceived," he wrote. "Please understand my previous position as that of a young man with limited experience with a extremely famous sex symbol.” 

“I offer my friendship once again time this time much stronger and focused. If you are still interested I would like to further discuss this with you but some it couldn’t wait ... I felt compelled to tell you… just in case anything happened to 2 me.”

At the end of the letter, Tupac asked the singer to visit him in jail.

“I don’t know how you feel about visiting me but if you could find it in your heart I would love to speak face to face with you. It’s funny but this experience has taught me not to take time for granted,” he wrote.

Madonna confirmed their relationship in 2015 in an interview with Howard Stern, and said she was introduced to Tupac by Rosie Perez. 

The last Tupac prison letter sold for more than $170,000. Read the rest of the letter via TMZ here.

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome