{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

“When you’re deaf & slaying..” This Model is Inspiring us with her Positivity

Model Ayanna Michele shared a post on Instagram yesterday evening and the post has gotten so many comments because of the positivity it carries.

In the post, the model and student talks about the fact that even though she completely lost her hearing abilities this year, she’s still ready to take on the world. She posted a photo which had the apt phrase “When you’re deaf and slaying…”



She posted:
I wasn’t born deaf. I was born hearing; although I don’t remember being able to hear at all. I’ve been having hearing problems since I was a child. My mother just thought I was mischievous and I didn’t like to listen. Until they found out I actually couldn’t hear. I ended up wearing a hearing aid in my left ear & remained completely deaf in my right ear. Ever since I was 6 years old. Regardless of my disability I’ve always excelled in school & amongst my peers. My doctors use to tell me… one day you’re gonna go completely deaf. I am in my 20’s now & I actually went completely deaf this year (2017). My doctor gave me an option; I could choose to go through a long process of surgery; which would give me an attempt to at least have a percentage of hearing or remain completely deaf. –
No, no need.
I’m gonna do my thing… the world will adjust OR not.
Ayanna, you’re doing amazing sweetie.


Photo Credit: Instagram.com/ayannamichele

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome