{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Engaged couple pose half naked for photoshoot and they win praise for "body positivity"

A plus-sized bride-to-be and her fiance did a semi-nude photoshoot which got positive reactions from people who say it has inspired them to be body confident.

The couple, Stephanie and Arryn, took part in the empowering boudoir photoshoot for their photographer friend Bria Terry to celebrate their engagement. At the time they posed for the photo, they had no idea it would go viral and be shared all over the world. But the photo managed to inspire thousands worldwide.

Stephanie, from Texas, USA, says she used to not like her stomach but has now embraced her body.

She told the Huffington Post: "I remember being in junior high and looking at myself in the mirror, wondering why my stomach wasn’t the way it was ‘supposed’ to be.

"Over the years, I’ve come to accept that I am always going to be considered plus-size. I push myself out of my comfort zone by wearing clothes that I love but aren’t in society’s mold of what is acceptable for bigger women, like crop tops, tight shirts, shorter dresses and shorts. I walk around with my head high, smiling, and show no shame in myself. I honestly have never felt more attractive."

Stephanie said she was amazed when she saw the photos.

"I was shocked," she said. "I look so in love and confident. "Every person should be able to see themselves in that light. It is really eye-opening."

The photographs were posted on Facebook by the photographer and have been shared over 85,000 times with thousands on social media praising it.

The photographer wrote: "'A moment, a smile; a single burst of laughter that sounds exactly like the rest of my life.' -Tyler Knott Gregson

"Today, and always, Wolf & Rose Photography celebrates real love, and the beautiful couples who allow me to capture it."

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome