{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Tiger Woods admits he may never play competitive golf again as he recovers from back injury

Tiger Woods has admitted he may not play competitive golf again in his career.

The 41-year-old 14-time major winner has had multiple back operations in recent years and withdrew from his last tournament in January with back spasms.

According to BBC Sport, Woods along with Fred Couples, Davis Love and Jim Furyk, will assist Steve Stricker at the Presidents Cup for America.

When asked if he could see a scenario where he did not return to competitive golf, Woods said:

 “Yeah, definitely. I don’t know what my future holds for me.

“As I’ve told you guys, I’m hitting 60-yard shots.

“I didn’t know if I was going to be able to be here because I couldn’t ride in a cart. The bouncing hurt too much.

“That’s all gone now, which is fantastic.”

“I’m still training, I’m getting stronger. But I certainly don’t have my golf muscles trained, because obviously, I’m not doing anything golf related,” he said.

Woods had his last surgery in April, which followed his withdrawal from the Dubai Desert Classic in January.

In May, he was arrested for driving under the influence near his home in Florida. Toxicology reports showed a variety of prescription drugs in his system.

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome