Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from April 8, 2017

WATCH LIVE: 2017 Ghana Music Awards… Live Build Up

Watch the 2017 Ghana Music Awards… 



Watch below...

Kwaku Sakyi-Addo quits Chamber of Telecom; heads for NCA

Distinguished broadcaster Kwaku Sakyi-Addo has resigned as head of the  Ghana Chamber of Telecommunications, StarrFMonline.com can confirm.
It is unclear reasons for his resignation, but StarrFMonline.com sources say the talented corporate communications specialist is heading for the National Communications Authority as its new head.
The source confirmed that Mr. Sakyi Addo received his appointment letter from the Akufo-Addo government days ago.
The broadcaster was appointed Chief Executive of the Telecom chamber in May 2011.
Mr. Sakyi-Addo was General Manager (Communications) of Aqua Vitens Rand from 2007, and played a major role towards ensuring the full completion of the company’s five-year management contract in Ghana.

Saudi king praises Trump for Syrian airstrikes

The King of Saudi Arabia praised President Trump for conducting airstrikes on the Syrian regime, the White House said on Saturday. 
"The King reaffirmed strong Saudi support for the United States' military strike against the Sayrat Airfield in Syria and thanked the President for his courageous action, which both agreed was a necessary response to the horrible chemical weapons attack on innocent civilians," the White House said.
Trump and King Salman bin Abd al-Aziz Al Saud spoke by phone Friday, the White House said.
Trump ordered the airstrikes Thursday evening after a chemical weapons attack in northwestern Syria's Idlib province.
The U.S. has blamed the chemical weapons attack on Syrian President Bashar Assad, who has been embroiled in a civil war since 2011.
Saudi Arabia has provided arms to opposition groups fighting the Assad regime.

Tonight’s Ghana Music Awards – Your hosts in Photos – Berla Mundi & Elikem Kumordzi

Tonight is undoubtedly Ghana’s biggest night in music. The 18th edition, the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards will reward deserving musicians across various categories.
Compered by ace broadcaster Anita Erskine, it will be preceded by a glamorous red carpet session hosted by Berla Mundi and designer/ actor Elikem Kumordzi.
While Berla is not new to hosting the red carpet session, Elikem mounts that stage for the very first time.
Here are your Red carpet hosts in photos.

Stockholm attack: Uzbek held for 'terrorist crimes'

A 39-year-old Uzbek national arrested on "suspicion of terrorist crime" was likely to be the driver of a truck that rammed into a crowd of people in central Stockholm a day earlier, killing four, according to Swedish authorities.
Sweden's police chief said on Saturday authorities were confident they had detained the man who carried out the attack.
"There is nothing that tells us that we have the wrong person," Dan Eliason said, but added he did not know whether others were involved in the attack. "We cannot exclude this."
Swedish media reported police had arrested a second man and that he had a connection to the previously arrested person, citing police sources. The police declined to comment on whether it had arrested any additional suspects.
Eliason also said police found something in the truck that "could be a bomb or an incendiary object, we are still investigating it".
Prosecutor Hans Ihrman said the suspect has not yet spoken to au…

63 year old disabled grandma brutally beaten by thugs over her son's £100 cannabis debt

63 year old amputee grandmother, Barbara Dransfield, was left in a coma after two masked men, later identified as Stephen Morton and Nathan Clark savagely beat her up and caged her in her home in Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, UK, over her son’s £100 cannabis debt. The two men reportedly burst into the home late at night looking for the woman's son who wasn't home.

The men proceeded to physically assault the elderly woman with their fist and bat, then robbed her.

The two men were arrested and faced trial. Stephen Morton was convicted of inflicting grievous bodily harm and conspiracy to commit robbery, while Nathan Clark, plead guilty to causing GBH with intent and conspiracy to commit robbery before the trial. They have both been jailed.

Kan Dapaah wants me dead – Wontumi alleges

The Ashanti regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party Bernard Antwi Boasiako popularly known as Chairman Wontumi has alleged that the National Security Minister Albert Kan Dapaah wants him dead.
According to Wontumi, Mr. Kan Dapaah’s attitude has suddenly changed since his appointment as the National Security Minister and won’t mind having him (Wontumi) killed if given the opportunity.
“Kan Dapaah claimed that he had retired from politics…but now he is the National security minister and I know that if he gets his way he will have me killed. That is the truth, that is the truth,” Wontumi said in an interview on Ash FM Friday.
Wontumi added that Mr. Dapaah’s description of NPP vigilante group Delta Forces as a criminal group is a clear indication that the minister has turned on his party since his appointment.
Speaking in the interview Friday morning, Chairman Wontumi also cautioned Mr. Kan Dapaah to be mindful of his treatment and utterances towards vigilante group Delta Forc…

Watch Episode 1 – "Kwaw Kese’s Reality Show", where he talks about living at his friend’s while building his $2 million mansion

Kwaw Kese takes us into his world of celebrity lifestyle, fashion, music, photo-shoots, video productions and more in his new reality show, ‘Kwaw Kese For Real’. In the first episode you get to see him talk about living in his friend’s house while he builds his own mansion worth $2 million.
Kwaw for real, is a Ghanaian based reality show that will entertain, educate and give you an insight into the life of Ghanaian household name Kwaw Kese popularly known as ABODAM.
Watch, rate and share........

Mavis Anim Appointed As “Global Super Model” National Director For South Africa

Renowned South Africa base Ghanaian finance analyst Mavis Anim, has been appointed as the 2017 Global Super model Search National Director for South Africa.

Global Super Model is an edutainment international model search with the aim to create ambassadors and awareness for Cancer across the globe through modeling.

Based on her newly appointment Mavis Anim is charged with the full responsibility of selecting delegates to represent South Africa at the 2017 Global Super model search taking place in Zimbabwe this September.

In an interaction with Cypress Ghana Mavins Anim disclosed that upon her appointment, she automatically becomes the official representative for Global Super Model in south Africa with the legal capacity to take action on behalf of the Global Super Model and as well gain staunch commercial value from it.
Prior to her appointment, Mavins Anim is the brain behind Ghana Awards South Africa, Ghana Fest South Africa as well as co-founder of Miss Ghana South Africa. …

Twitter forces US to drop demand for Trump critic's details

The US government has dropped its request for the identity of an anti-Trump Twitter account, just a day after Twitter went to court over the issue.
@ALT_USCIS anonymously criticised President Trump’s immigration policy, and claimed to be run by employees at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
US government officials issued a summons for identifying information.
But Twitter said that demand had been withdrawn after it filed a lawsuit.
The @ALT_USCIS account's followers also ballooned from 38,000 to 158,000 during the lawsuit's single-day lifespan.
The original summons from the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agency demanded "all records regarding the twitter account @ALT_USCIS to include, user names, account login, phone numbers, mailing addresses, and IP (computer) addresses".
But the law cited by the agency - which is part of the Department of Homeland Security - is typically used to obtain records about imported goods.
The summons also…

11 Year old Michigan boy, hangs himself after he thinks his girlfriend had committed suicide

An 11 year old boy, Tysen Benz, was at home when he saw social media posts indicating that his 13-year-old girlfriend had committed suicide. The posts were a prank, but the 11-year-old boy apparently believed them and thought his girlfriend had really died. Using a cellphone he had bought without his mother's knowledge, Tysen on March 14, read texts and other messages about the fake suicide of his and decided he would end his life too, his mother Katrina Goss said.
After seeing the posts about his girlfriend, Tysen replied over social media that he was going to kill himself, yet no one involved in the prank told an adult or even told Benz that it was a joke, not even the supposed girlfriend, Goss said. Moments later, his mother found him hanging by his neck in his room in Marquette, Michigan.

Now a prosecutor is pursuing criminal charges against one of the juveniles accused of being involved in the prank, which Goss described as "a twisted, sick joke." Goss des…

Mel B now wants full custody of daughter in divorce: report

Former Spice Girl Mel B wants full custody of her 5-year-old daughter with estranged husband Stephen Belafonte.

The singer had originally requested to share custody of their only child, Madison, with Belafonte when she filed for divorce last month — but she's altering her divorce petition due to her ex's alleged history of domestic violence with another woman coupled with his illegal possession of a gun, TMZ reports.

Mel B — real name Melanie Brown — wasn't aware that Belafonte had been convicted for domestic violence involving another woman when she filed for divorce in March, according to the report.
She was reportedly aware that Belafonte had a gun but did not realize he owned it illegally, contributing to her decision to change her custody aspirations.

The 41-year-old pop star has accused Belafonte of repeated domestic violence, claiming in a bombshell court filing earlier this week that her husband had punched, choked and berated her during their relationship.

S…

Pardoned; Go and Sin no more – Speaker to Ayariga

The Speaker of Parliament, Prof. Mike Ocquaye has pardoned the Member of Parliament for Bawku Central after he was indicted of contempt by the five-member ad hoc committee charged to probe the bribery allegation he made against the leadership of the Appointments Committee.
In his ruling Friday, Prof. Ocquaye said:  “In all the circumstances of this case, I have come to the conclusion that the Honourable Ayariga should be shown mercy on this occasion. May he go and sin no more. He is warned never to peddle such expensive rumours in his affairs in this house.
“I must also extend a warning to some four or five honorable members who deemed it proper to make untoward lies apparently in support of Ayariga regarding the conduct for which the Honorable Ayariga has now apologised.”
Mr. Ayariga in January alleged that the Energy Minister Boakye Agyarko had attempted bribing members of the Appointments Committee from the minority to clear him for the position he currently holds followin…

Lydia Forson And Adjetey Anang (Pusher) Storm Takoradi For “Keteke” Movie Premiere

The Akroma Plaza will on Saturday 15th, 2017 be the center of attraction as movie lovers, celebrities and actors line up for the premiere of new Ghanaian movie – KETEKE.

The movie directed by Peter Sedufia features lead roles by Adjetey Anang and Lydia Forson in a story that highlights the rail service system in the 80’s where the train serves as the only means of transport from the outskirts.

BOI (Adjetey Anang) and ATWEI (Lydia Forson) a couple are bent on delivering their first baby in Akete but misses their first train.

“KETEKE” also stars veteran actor Fred Amugi, Raymond Sarfo, Clemento Suarez among others.

The movie was produced by Laurene Manaa and will be premiering at 6:00pm and 8:30 pm at the Akroma Plaza for GHC20gh per showing.

Tickets are officially now selling at All Needs Prestige, All Needs Supermarket, Akroma Plaza inside Chapel Hill and at the front desk of Empire 102.7 fm 2nd Floor, Metro Orient Building, Takoradi.

The movie premiere is brought to you by Empire …

Venezuela opposition leader Capriles banned from politics

A leading Venezuelan opposition leader, Henrique Capriles, has been formally banned for 15 years from public office. 
Mr Capriles has been at the forefront of demands for a recall referendum on President Nicolas Maduro. There was no immediate comment from the government on the ban.
In a heated press conference, Mr Capriles said he would continue in his post as governor of Miranda state and called for a protest march to be held on Saturday. 
Mr Capriles, who has run twice as a presidential candidate, is seen as the opposition's best hope of defeating President Maduro in elections scheduled for next year. 
The ban comes after a week of several large opposition-led protests in the capital Caracas. They accuse the government of stifling dissent.
On Thursday a man was shot dead during the demonstrations. 
The Venezuelan comptroller's office has for a decade used a procedure known as "disqualification" that bans politicians from holding office if they are deemed to hav…

Mahama Ayariga’s apology letter to Parliament

The Member of Parliament for Bawku Central Mahama Ayariga was on Friday evening compelled by the Speaker of Parliament Prof. Mike Oquaye to read out his apology to the House over the controversial bribery allegation.
An earlier conditional apology that was offered by the former Sports ministers following the findings of the Ghartey committee that probed the matter, and found him guilty of contempt of parliament, was rejected by the Speaker.
Mr. Ayariga had alleged that Energy Minister Boakye Agyarko attempted to bribe members of the Appointments committee through the chair of the committee Joe Osei Owusu and Minority Chief Whip Muntaka Mubarak.

Caitlyn Jenner admits regrets and mistakes in new Diane Sawyer interview

Two years after the initial Diane Sawyer interview where Bruce Jenner announced that he was transitioning into becoming a woman, Caitlyn Jenner (formerly known as Bruce Jenner) has had a follow up interview with Diane Sawyer, where she talks about the mistakes she's made since her transition.

In the video released by ABC, on Friday, April 7, Sawyer, 71, asks the Olympic gold medalist if she ever had doubts that she did the right thing, and whether she has any regrets.
Caitlyn Jenner said:

"Have I made mistakes? Certainly," the I Am Cait alum, 67, says with a shake of her head.
Jenner, who is currently promoting her upcoming memoir, The Secrets of My Life, previously spoke to Sawyer in a two-hour special.

 Jenner added:
"For all intents and purposes, I am a woman". The press release promoting the special edition of 20/20 reveals that Jenner expressed an interest in talking to the ABC News anchor again to discuss the reality of her life after the groundbreakin…

Syrian Refugees Laud U.S. Strike and, in ‘New Emotion,’ Trump

Less than two months after arriving in the United States as a refugee from Syria, Rashid Mahmoud rejoiced at the news of American missiles pummeling a Syrian air base Thursday night, and struggled with an unexpected sentiment: praise for President Donald J. Trump, who has more often seemed like an antagonist than an ally.
“It was good to protect people, and I think it’s human — it’s required by humanity,” Mr. Mahmoud, 24, said in an interview on Friday at his new home in Lowell, Mass. As for the president, he said, “I’m just supportive for yesterday, not all the time.”

Syrian refugees mostly welcomed an attack on the violent and oppressive Assad government they fled, even if they thought it was too little or too late. But they are unaccustomed to seeing Mr. Trump as any sort of advocate, and their praise for him seemed tentative.
Mr. Trump had spoken out repeatedly against taking action against the Syrian ruler, Bashar al-Assad, while praising the actions of Russia, Mr. Assad’…