{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Okyeame Kwame celebrates wife on their 9th anniversary

Okyeame Kwame, real name Kwame Nsiah Apau and wife, Annica Nsiah Apau are growing as a couple as they celebrate their wedding anniversary after nine years.

As has been his norm during this part of the year, the rapper shares these words to commemorate their Anni-versary.

Read it below …

Thirteen (13) years ago when I asked if you would marry me, what I actually meant was if you would mummy me, be my friend in times of need, warm my bed and heed to my emotional greed.

When I asked you to marry me, I needed a driver to increase my speed, to nurture my seed and multiply my breed. When I said marry me, I just needed someone to shield me from my insecurities, to be blind to my impurities, understand my insanity, and legitimize my humanity. I didn’t know that ‘marry me’ meant throwing my freedom to the dogs, and realising that the woman is the boss; accepting that the man is the horse to be ridden and whipped to stay on course.

When I asked you to marry me, I didn’t know I had to be a daddy to a woman grown already, that I had to be friendly even when I’m angry, be understanding at night when you say No ! Daddy!! When I asked you to marry me, I didn’t know that the acceleration of our lives was going to be in my hand, I didn’t know that our children will compete with the same rehearsal time with the band.

When I said marry me, I didn’t know I had to constantly create your security, expect your criticism, compromise my expressionism and legitimize my own reputation through role modelism.

When I said marry me, I didn’t know I had to earn my freedom through self-respect, lead the family through a Democratic process, and accept feminine direction without opposition.

When I asked you to marry me, I didn’t expect to find mischief in an Angel. When I said marry me, I expected a Messiah of a woman, not a human woman with flaws, weaknesses, misguided passions, temporary selfishness, an overprotective partner who is fallible just like me. Like I said, all I wanted was to make legal the friend that I had found in you, and no matter how sweet or painful, I love this friendship.

Thank you for marrying my troublesome self for nine years. Today, I ask you to pleassssse marry me for 51 years more. Pleasssse, say yes!

Happy Anni-versary!!!
 

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome