{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Representing The New African Sound ….. OvaWise On The Rise

“It’s the new wave, better ask the sea. All the pain, check me out! Why you dey vex like that, put my heart in a mess like that. I swear I not dey text like that but for you I dey text right back. I wanna get this money get some millions; I’m always on road like civilians……”.

That is the introduction verse of “Me and You”, the hit single currently receiving rotation on urban radio across Ghana and beyond by Ghanaian musician, OvaWise. Known for his lavish lifestyle on photo and video-sharing social networking service platform, Instagram, OvaWise has over the period demonstrated his taste for high fashion and the Gucci lifestyle earning him a cult following. He has also built his status as a leading fashionista and style icon with a huge following looking out for what he will wear each and every day.

In May 2018, OvaWise, flipped a new chapter in his life which saw him connecting with his age-old passion and love - music. Born Jessie Kumordzi, he released his first work as a recording musician, “Me and You”. Thought being his first single, OvaWise proved to have a deeper understanding of music and what it takes to make a hit song.

This didn’t take long to realize as we had a chat in his Lincoln Navigator SUV whilst driving through his rich Canadian city neighborhood of Mississauga in Toronto when I decided to hang out with him to discuss his music.
   
“Music has always been part of me and it is something that comes to me naturally. From a very tender age, I had discovered that talent already and knew what I could do whenever I decide to entertain my friends and people around me by rapping and singing. As I grew up, it got more exciting and deeper though I didn’t take the bold step to take up music as a career until a few years ago”, he revealed.

According to OvaWsie, doing music may appear rather easy but that isn’t the case especially without talent, which he refers to as the gift of music and strategic branding. “Set the tempo, write the bassline, design a catchy melody, round out your song with accompaniment plus use basic and engaging major chords may appear simple and easy as steps to follow to produce a hit record but it’s not the case. It requires a lot more and that is what sometimes people fail to realize and focus on”, he said.

“Me and You” is a fusion of rap and R&B music, producing a uniquely new sound easy on the ears and best classified as world music. Produced by the multiple award winning KillBeatz and released under OvaWise’s own record label, Get More Productions, “Me and You” is inspired by real life experience – love, romance and a strong desire to keep a partner excited. It is currently available for download and purchase on all major music platforms including Spotify, iTunes, Deezer and others.

Commenting on the feedback following the release of “Me and You”, OvaWise said “it has been great and I have been overwhelmed with the way the song has been received. I get messages from my fans across London and across Europe expressing very positive pointers. A lot of people have been offering amazing concepts for the music video whilst urging to me release it as soon as possible. All these encourage me to do more and make an impact with my music as well as contribute my quota to change the face of the music business in Ghana and across Africa”.

The future looks bright and the prospects appear great as OvaWise talks about his plans to change the narrative when it comes to Ghanaian music. “Music is a serious business and ought to be treated as such with all the needed professionalism, strategic planning, business development ideas and marketing it requires”, he emphasized.

Written By Chris Koney 


No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome