{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Serena Williams ruthlessly defeats her sister, Venus at the US Open

Serena Williams defeated her elder sister, Venus Williams in two straight sets 6-1 6-2 on Friday, making the 30th career showdown at Flushing Meadows in New York a one-sided affair.

The 23 Grand Slam winner was literally on fire against her sister, merciless in her blistering returns and making Venus look more like her apprentice. Venus tried to salvage things, but it was not just her night as Serena played her best match since her return to tennis after giving birth to her daughter Olympia in September.

She played pitch-perfect tennis to outlast her elder sister after 71 minutes on Arthur Ashe Stadium.

In her post match interview, Serena showed her sister a lot of respect saying, “It’s not easy. She’s my best friend. she means the world to me. She’s supportive of my career and I’m supportive of her career. Every time she loses I feel like I do. It’s not very easy but it’s a tournament and we know there’s more to life than playing each other and playing tennis. I love her with all my heart. She’s the reason I’m here. She’s the only reason I’m still out here. After God, I definitely owe everything to her.”

Serena next meets Kaia Kanepi, the 33 year-old Estonian star, who beat Rebecca Peterson 6-3 7-6 in an earlier third round match.


No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome