{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett open up about how he asked her out, their "horrible" wedding, marriage and more (video)

Will Smith and his wife of over 2 decades, Jada Pinkett, opened up about their relationship, wedding day, and marriage on Pinkett Smith's Facebook Watch Series titled Red Table Talk.

In the episode released on Monday, October 22, the couple detailed everything from Will's first marriage, how they eventually met, Jada's pregnancy and more.

Jada and Will first saw each other when she was auditioning for a role on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. At the time, she was also starring in another NBC sitcom A Different World, and Will remembers seeing her and feeling instant chemistry.

Smith said that he saw Jada and knew that the two of them would have a connection. He tried to meet Jada on the set of "A Different World" but when he showed up at the show's taping, another woman caught his eye. It was Sheree Fletcher. He married her but they later divorced after 1 child.

Speaking on how he and Jada met, Will said:

    We had all these near misses and every time we saw each other, it was always a beautiful energy.

    [The first time we talked,] it was a really unique, beautiful power. We had that moment. We connected, but I was married and that was it.

The two then made sure to specify that there was never any kind of affair during Will's first marriage.

Will also recalled breaking down in tears one night in a restaurant bathroom while thinking of Jada.

He said:

    I knew that was the woman I was supposed to be with.

But, he steadfastly opposed divorce. Until his ex-wife asked for a divorce herself and this freed him to start a relationship with Jada.

On how he and Jada started dating, Will said:

    I literally walked right out [from signing the divorce papers and] I called Jada.

    I said ‘Hey Jada, what’s up? It’s Will.’ She said ‘Hey, you doing?’ I said, ‘Good, are you seeing anybody?’ She said, ‘Uh, no,’ and I said ‘Cool, you’re seeing me now.’

Jada added:

    And my dumb ass was like, ‘Okay.’

Jada, who had just bought a farm in Baltimore at the time, said she immediately hopped on a plane and flew to Los Angeles to be with Will. She ended up never spending a single night in the farm she bought.

Jada Pinkett Smith also described how she knew immediately when she was pregnant with their first child together, saying

    I knew the moment after the act that I was pregnant. And [Will] didn't believe me, but I knew,

She revealed that she spent the whole night crying, worrying that her life was "never gonna be the same." 

They also revealed that their wedding day was "horrible" and Jada didn't want to get married to Will. Jada said she wasn't ready to marry Will but felt pressured to because she was three months pregnant with their son, Jaden, now 20.

She recalled:

    I was so upset that I had to have a wedding. I was so pissed. I went crying down the freakin' aisle getting married.

Jada's mother, Adrienne Banfield-Jones added:

    It was a mess. Jada was sick, she was very unpleasant.

Watch the rest of what the couple revealed about themselves in the video below.



No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome