{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Anthony Joshua v Jarrell Miller: Madison Square Garden New York bout agreed for 1 June

British-Nigerian boxer, Anthony Joshua, 29, will make his American debut by defending his WBA, WBO, IBF, and IBO heavyweight titles when he takes on New York’s Jarrell Miller at Madison Square Garden on June 1.

In a video posted to social media, Joshua whose last fight was against Russia’s Alexander Povetkin confirmed the bout with Jarrell Miller and explained why an agreement couldn't be reached first for a showdown with US heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder.

He said; 'June 1 I'll be travelling to MSG. New York City, the Big Apple,' Joshua said in a video posted to social media.

'I'm there to take a bite out of that and I'll be competing against Jarrell Miller.

'Wembley is so close to my heart, it's a great spot, a great location. I've fought in small halls, I've fought in arenas. And it's been a humbling and a blessing to fight in those stadiums.

'But now it's time for a change. The current state of the division was the undisputed championship of the world.

'Myself and [Deontay] Wilder are the current active champions of the world. We were looking to get that fight on April 13 but things happened, boxing politics, I'm sure you guys are aware.

So we had to branch out and look for other options. Miller came up. It's an exciting fight, he's an undefeated heavyweight.' 


His opponent Miller, 30, in a statement also promised to knock out Anthony Joshua when they meet.

“AJ is making a huge mistake coming over here to fight me in my own backyard,” said Miller, undefeated in 24 professional fights.

“He wants to announce himself on the American stage but all he’s doing is delivering me those belts by hand. That punk ‘AJ’ is standing in the way of my dreams and on June 1 he’s getting run the hell over.” 


No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome