{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Annie Joy writes: Maybe Patience Can Save You A Dance. #BeInspired!

On the 25th of April, 2019. Which was a Thursday, I received a text message from a good friend of mine who had and is still playing a huge role in my journey. The text message read; “I have a friend from the UK that I want you to meet. She’s a motivational speaker and life coach”. And I replied, "Alright, dear."

The message got me looking through my wardrobe two nights before the meeting, not because I wanted the best outfit to impress this wonderful soul I was about to meet and who - obviously was a she.  Actually, the ladies will understand this better, (laughing out loud) lol . But the reason was that I wanted to be as prepared as possible the reason being naturally, there was this eagerness to meet the person introduced via text so I got up on Saturday morning, did all I wanted to do in order to meet the pick up time which was at 2pm. Apparently, I overslept but the rush to get myself ready for the meeting was something I can write home about. Allow me to confess, it was an interesting day with all the fascinating talks from the driver whose car I took to my destination that day.

Finally, I was at the pick up point to meet my friend and head to BBnZ where it was proposed the meeting will take place. The atmosphere was cool and calm while I saw workers in the house, busy on something. Boom! To my surprise, they were making preparations for 'Lady with the mic' competition; a competition and an initiative to help young women and ladies who have the ability to sing unearth their skills by giving them the platform to showcase their talents. Chancing on the event was a "massive surprise” because of a bit of history about it.

Before that, let’s continue to my meeting with the motivational speaker and life coach. I sat calmly and patiently for some time. Later, when I decided to step out with my friend or let me say, I was probably tired of the air conditioned environment and needed fresh air outside. About a minute later, we saw a lady approaching she looked welcoming and excited. She greeted us and together, we headed to the area where the meeting was supposed to be held inside BBnZ, and that was where the lady was introduced to me as the motivational speaker I was supposed to meet.

I comfortably sat down and ready to have a deep conversation, we did the introductory session of our conversation where she revealed her name as Ida Agyekum. Ida gave me the opportunity to introduce myself and tell everything about me. The part of the introduction I don’t want you to miss was revealing me as AnnieJoy, adding to it Ghana’s youngest motivational speaker as I call myself. Read it again and you will understand *smirks*.  The conversation went on and on and we had a few beautiful women intruding, making the conversation more fun - so allow me to use the word, “spicy”. 

Annie Joy (L) and Motivational Speaker and Life Coach Ida Agyekum (R)
I got to know Ida, the speaker I have met was part of the players for 'Lady with the mic'. Now let me share the history with you. Somewhere in / On March 20th, 2019, [use “somewhere in” without the actual date - March, 2019 / use “On” with the actual date - March 20th ] one of my mentors called me that there is  show coming up to which they needed someone to host, so he had recommended me as the one for the job, therefore I should expect a message from an unknown person.

On 24th March, 2019, I received a direct message from a beautiful lady on Instagram telling me about the show the 'Lady with the mic' , adding that, they needed a host. I followed the procedures, and clearly, I stood the chance of being the host. Until something happened and she had to direct me to another person who is known to be her sister. I was being given her contact  but unfortunately, I wasn’t given a feedback after I sent my text and I decided to let it go because it could mean it wasn’t my opportunity. 

Still at BBnZ and in a conversation with Ida the speaker, one of the women who earlier joined our conversation at some point came in to invite us to join the ongoing program thus 'Lady with the mic' to which we politely agreed. 

Within me, I felt that I should not tell Ida I would be part of the whole program. I sat to observe and while sitting, the woman who asked us to join the event looked like the WhatsApp profile picture of the woman I was directed to contact for the next level. I was taken aback and eventually reached out to my phone to show her the number and picture and she confirmed it was her and apologized for not giving me a feedback which she said she forgot to, and I believed her because it happens to me sometimes on WhatsApp. Her name was, Vanet. 

Someone approached me suddenly. One of the judges was not in and I was asked if I could be the judge. I was resisting because I felt I wasn’t ready. However, the judge appeared later. But it didn’t end there. I was asked to do few interviews for lady with the mic with a strong backing from Ida. The moment became mine, sort of within the possible time.

Later on, I told Ida about how I would have been part of the event and further expressed how the world is too small and the essence of patience in all situations but not some situations. I came back with a lot running through my mind. I have witnessed instances where people spoke in a not-so-comforting manner because they missed an opportunity or weren’t granted the chance to lead something. I have seen instances where others even go to the extent of telling their mind rudely to the granters for not granting them the opportunity. I am alone and I am thinking what would have been my story if "impatience" was my story? What if I had acted rudely or in an uncouth manner to Vanet on WhatsApp for not replying me simply because there was a high assurance from the beautiful woman on Instagram that I was hosting. And in that case, Vanet was being an obstacle.

I am thinking maybe by now I would have regretted saying something. Maybe If I have been uncivilized, Vanet would have expressed how rude I am to Ida. And you can only imagine the impression Ida the motivational speaker and life coach would It was arranged I meet would have of me. 

Yes, there are some situations I have boiled out consciously and unconsciously or might have reacted to but I believe they have taught me well and today I am writing this Piece saying I am proud of myself!

Mind you, I was positive and said, "oh, maybe it is not my opportunity to host 'Lady with the mic' so I let it go. I rather stood the chance of being that personality within that space.

I received a text from Vanet the next day saying “thank you for coming” and that made me proud of myself again. 

Why am I sharing this with you? Because I want you to be positive for no reason in times when you think you should react negatively. 

And also to tell you that, when things delay for you, it simply means that’s not the kind of introduction God wants to give you. He rather wants to season the moment for you and cause you to shine beautifully.

The world is a small place and we should be careful as to how we conclude on matters, for the journey is interesting. I pray we learn from this experience to get better and not to get worse. 

Delay doesn’t mean denial. Patience, as some say, is not about waiting but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting. Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind.

"Remember when you react with bitterness, you loose everything!"

#Getinspired#Getmotivated#Lifekeepscomingback

Writer: Annie Joy


No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome