{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

I don’t like being described as a female DJ – Cuppy

Celebrated Disc Jockey and daughter of Nigerian multi-millionaire Femi Otedola, DJ Cuppy says she does not feel comfortable being referred to as a female DJ.

She attributed this to the fact that she did not look up to any female DJ when she started building her brand, and no other DJ does the job better than her.

Cuppy was on the Starr Drive with KOD and Cookie Tee Thursday.

Touching on the rivalry between Ghanaian and Nigerian music, she reiterated that Nigerian music was inspired by Ghanaian music, and so must be acknowledged as such.

“I feel like I’m basically Ghanaian now, and I want to change my name to Maame Yaa,” she said jokingly.

On whether she would get married anytime soon, the sassy DJ said, “I am not ready to marry and have kids now because it will slow down my career.”

DJ Cuppy is currently promoting her new single titled ‘Abena’ featuring Ghana’s Kwesi Arthur, Nigeria Ceeza Milli and Shaydee.


No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome