{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

'I played for several clubs and won the Champions League' - Cristiano Ronaldo explains the 'difference' between him and Lionel Messi

Cristiano Ronaldo has said winning the Champions League with several clubs is the 'difference' between him and fellow five-time Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi.

The 33-year-old Portuguese striker who featured in latest DAZN documentary 'The Making Of', discussed his ongoing rivalry with Messi.

The Juventus forward has won the Champions League five times, first lifting the trophy with Manchester United in 2008 and going on to win the tournament four times with Real Madrid. While Lionel Messi has only won it four times as a Barcelona player. 

Ronaldo also won the European Cup three times in a row between 2016 and 2018.

Explaning the difference between them, Ronaldo said: 'The difference with Messi is that I played for several clubs and won the Champions League with different clubs.'

'I was top scorer in the Champions League six seasons in a row. There aren't many players who won five Champions League trophies, so this is why I feel that I can identity myself with this tournament.

'Messi is an excellent player who will be remembered not just for his Ballon d'Or wins, but also for having improved – like me – year after year.

'I wake up every morning with the idea in my head of training with the objective of achieving something more, not just to earn money.

'Thank God, I don't lack money, so what I want to earn is a place in the history of football.'

MESSI VS RONALDO IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Games: Ronaldo (162) - Messi (135)

Goals: Ronaldo (126) - Messi (112)

Assists: Ronaldo (45) - Messi (31)

Trophies: Ronaldo (5) - Messi (4)

Ballon d'Ors:  Ronaldo (5) - Messi (5)


No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome