{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Oprah Winfrey is supporting Hillary Clinton for president in what she called “a seminal moment for women.”

“I really believe that is going to happen,” the talk show icon told “Entertainment Tonight” on Wednesday. “I’m with her.”

It’s no surprise that Oprah, a trailblazer herself, is backing the first female nominee of a major American political party. Despite having grown up in a low-income household, the media mogul is one of the world’s only female self-made billionaires.

The news must come as a shock to presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump, who has long said he’d “love” Oprah as a running mate.

She also spoke up for Clinton earlier this year after rapper T.I. said he couldn’t vote for a woman to be president because of her emotions, or something.

“Honey child, hush your mouth,” she said. “You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

She wasn’t always “with her,” though. In 2007, Oprah backed then-Sen. Barack Obama over Clinton, but said that she had “great respect for Hillary Clinton.

“I think I’ve said this before and it’s true: Because I am for Barack does not mean I am against Hillary or anybody else,” she said. “I have not one negative thing to say about Hillary Clinton.”



Source: Huffington Post

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome