{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Ignore Debrah's false publications about me - Bridget Otoo

Bridget Otoo - Female presenter at TV3
A female presenter at TV3, Bridget Otoo has indicated that she does not have qualms with colleague and co-host of “New Day”, Moon Sangmoor.

The vibrant news anchor and host of 'New Day' on TV3, Bridget Otoo's attention was drawn to a palpably 'false' publication by one of Ghana's top bloggers - Ameyaw Debrah, which states that Bridget has been taken off TV3’s morning show - 'New Day' due to “disciplinary issues”.

Miss Bridget said the unsubstantiated claims in the publications were malicious, deliberately orchestrated and calculated to hurt and tarnish her professional image.

She said the publucation is a gross disrespect to the ethics of journalism and truthful reporting.

Bridget is someone, who is down-to-earth to everyone; she can smile or laugh 24/7. She loves what she does and makes sure it in a professional way. Those who know her know she cannot do anything like that.

But it’s so sad some people want to see hardworking and vibrant Bridget Otoo sacked from the TV3 network.

Bridget says she has not been suspended and still at post.


Read her statement

In the last 24 to 36 hours, my attention was drawn to a palpably false publication by Ameyaw Debrah on his portal http://www.ameyawdebrah.com and sister portal http://www.pulseghana.com claiming I have been suspended from TV3 for “unprofessional conduct”. The false story was published on other news portals including http://www.peacefmonline.com and http://www.yen.gh.com . The unsubstantiated claims in the publications were malicious, deliberately orchestrated and calculated to hurt my person and professional image. It is a gross disrespect to the ethics of journalism and truthful reporting. I contacted Ameyaw Debrah personally to express my displeasure about the false publication and asked him to publish a retraction and apology. Although he admitted he was wrong and claim he was “carried away by the rumours” and apologised to me privately, he has since refused to retract the story and publish the apology on his platform. I am surprised he cares about how damaging the retraction of the story will be to his reputation, but does not care about hurting my reputation. I consider this kind of unrepentant conduct by Ameyaw Debrah grossly unprofessional. For the records, I am not on suspension from TV3. There is no disciplinary action against me. I have not shown disrespect to any guests or visitors to TV3. I have not fought with any of my colleagues at TV3. Those who know me, know I cannot do anything like that. As a consummate professional, I have excellent personal and professional relationships with all my colleagues, including Moonn Sangmor. As the busy election period approaches, journalists will not be able to go on leave. So I decided to take my accumulated leave ahead of the hurly-burly period of the political campaign coverage. That cannot be equated to suspension. I feel offended by the publications and I have instructed my lawyers to take the necessary actions to cure the mischief against me.

Signed-

Bridget Otoo

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome