{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Hollywood Actor-Boris Kodjoe Proudly Celebrates His Ghanaian Heritage With A PHOTO And Interesting Information

Boris & family
Hollywood actor - Boris Kodjoe, full name Boris Frederic Cecil Tay-Natey Ofuatey-Kodjoe has given a big shoutout to his Ghanaian heritage by uploading the above photo on his facebook and adding a touching history to it.

Kodjoe was born in Vienna, Austria, to Ursula, a German psychologist of partially Jewish descent, and Eric Kodjoe, a Ghanaian physician who is of an Nzema descent.

On Wednesday, he went deeper–by writing the below to go with the photo:

Heritage Wednesday
 
Accra Ghana circa 1950.
 
My grandparents, Chief of Police Joseph Cecil Ofuatey-Kodjoe and Elsie Ofuatey-Kodjoe, and behind them standing from left to right, my father Eric, Kiddie, and Freddie. Why my aunt Esther wasn’t in the picture I do not know. This shot was taking a few years before Kwame Nkrouma led Ghana (formally Gold Coast) to Independence from Britain.

Side note; my grandmother didn’t look into the lense because she didn’t know where it was. She had gone blind from cataract left untreated. I never noticed she was blind because she would always comment on my clothes and what I was doing. Little did I know that while I was sitting on her lap her housekeeper was feeding her intel in her native dialect. By the way, she founded the girl scouts in Ghana.


No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome