{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Olympic Gold medal-winning gymnast Simone Biles reacts to the leak of her confidential medical file

Confidential medical data of gold medal-winning gymnast Simone Biles, seven-time Grand Slam champion Venus Williams and basketball player Elena Delle Donne was hacked from a World Anti-Doping Agency database and posted online on Tuesday.

The Russian cyber espionage group called Fancy Bear, published records of "Therapeutic Use Exemptions" (TUEs), which allow athletes to use otherwise-banned substances if they have a verified medical reason to do so. (Read more here)

Reacting, Biles said:

"I have ADHD and I have taken medicine for it since I was a kid. Please know, I believe in clean sport, have always followed the rules, and will continue to do so as fair play is critical to sport and is very important to me. Having ADHD, and taking medicine for it is nothing to be ashamed of nothing that I'm afraid to let people know."

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome