{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

I didn't lack respect for Cristiano Ronaldo but my opinion doesn't change- Xavi restarts feud

Barcelona football icon Xavi Hernandez has reignited his war of words with Real Madrid/Portugal  Cristiano Ronaldo. 

It all started when Xavi had an interview on Spanish radio station Cadena Ser where he said Ronaldo was unlucky to play in the same generation as Lionel Messi to which Ronaldo didn't take lightly blasting Xavi as a player who never won the Ballon D'or. 


On Tuesday, speaking at a press conference at the Aspire4Sports event in Amsterdam, Xavi stated that he didn't disrespect Ronaldo with his comments but still stood by what he said;

'I stand by what I said. The problem for Cristiano is that there is another who is pretty much the best player in history. I saw that he didn’t take it well, but I keep thinking the same. What he said to me about the Ballon d’Ors is true [that Xavi hasn’t won one]. I didn’t lack respect, but my opinion doesn’t change. He lacked it for me? What do you think?'

Xavi also admitted that Ronaldo could be the favourite to claim football's top individual prize for a fourth time - although he warned that he will face stern competition.

"Cristiano has the numbers to win this year's Ballon d'Or, having won the Champions League and the Euros,


No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome