{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Pakistani man admits to killing his 18yr old sister for marrying a Christian

Mubeen Rajhu, 24, from Lahore, Pakistan has admitted murdering his 18yr old sister, Tasleem in an 'honour killing' because she married a Christian man. In August, Rajhu who is from a poor neighborhood discovered his sister had married a Christian and went to confront her, he shot her in the head after she refused to back down.


He said he had demanded that his sister swear on the Quran that she would never marry the man.

He said: 'I told her I would have no face to show at the mill, to show to my neighbors, so don't do it. Don't do it. But she wouldn't listen.

'I could not let it go. It was all I could think about. I had to kill her. There was no choice. There was no yelling, no shouting. I just shot her dead.'

Ali Raza, a co-worker at the mill, said the taunting of Rajhu about his sister had gone on for months.
He said: 'He used to tell us, "If you don't stop, I will kill myself. Stop!" The guys here told him, "It would be better to kill your sister".'

Raza said Rajhu told them he had bought a pistol and one day in August stopped coming to work.

Father to the siblings, Mohammed Naseer Rajhu blames his daughter for the whole affair.

He said: 'My family is destroyed. Everything is destroyed only because of this shameful girl. Even after death I am destroyed because of her.'

The number of 'honour killings' in Pakistan has increased over the past few years. 

According to the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, 1,184 people were killed in 2015, compared to 869 in 2013.  

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome