{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Trevor Noah Pulls Out Of The 2016 MTV Africa Music Awards

The Daily Show host and South African comedian Trevor Noah, has backed out of the MTV Africa MAMA Award Show happening Saturday.

Noah released a statement to fans via Twitter confirming his withdrawal. He claims in the statement that he has been ordered to rest due to an infection.

Noah said is unable to travel because of a severe ear infection and strain on his vocal chords, apologising to fans.

Noah added that he wishes he could dismiss the doctor, but “added risk of flying means that decision would be highly irresponsible and may cause further damage”.

“I push myself as hard as I can all the time because I appreciate every opportunity I am afforded in life,” Noah said.

“Unfortunately there comes a day like today when it all catches up and my body cannot do what my mind wishes I could.”

A day before the awards ceremony is set to take place in a 2-hour telecast at the Dome in Johannesburg MTV announced that Bonang Matheba will replace Noah as host of the MAMAs.
 
Noah issued the following statement:
 
 
 To all my fans and everyone who makes what I do possible

I've been fighting a severe upper respiratory and ear infection this week and despite tons of medication the infection has gotten the better of me.

Due to the infection and strain on my vocal chords the doctor has ordered me to rest my voice and recover my health. I desperately wish I could dismiss the doctor but the added risk of flying means that decision would be highly irresponsible and may cause further damage.

I love the Mama's and more importantly I love performing in my country. Myself and MTV Africa have been trying to make the Mamas a reality for a few years and I was so excited because this was finally the year where the pieces fell into place and the date was one I could do.

I push myself as hard as I can all the time because I appreciate every opportunity I am afforded in life. 
 
Unfortunately there comes a day like today when it all catches up and my body cannot do what my mind wishes I could.

I'm so sorry if I've disappointed you but please know that I love performing more than anything in life and so having to cancel any show, breaks my heart.  

Sorry isn't enough of a word to convey how I feel and again to all my fans I will do my utmost to make it up to you.

Kind Regards

Trevor Noah

The MTV Africa Music Awards will broadcast live on MTV Base and MTV on Saturday 22 October at 21:00 CAT. The show will also be transmitted worldwide on partner stations and content platforms from October onwards‚ while MTV channels around the world will broadcast a one-hour MAMA-themed MTV World Stage.
 

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome