{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Selena Gomez Delivers Emotional and Devastatingly Honest Speech at AMAs: 'I Was Absolutely Broken Inside'

Selena Gomez made a triumphant return back to the limelight on Sunday, using the American Music Awards stage as a platform to give a positive message to those who are "broken."

"In 2014, this stage was actually the first time that I was authentically 100 percent honest with all of you," Gomez said while accepting the award for Favorite Female Artist - Pop/Rock -- her first AMA win. She was referencing her heart-wrenching performance of "The Heart Wants What It Wants" that left herself, the audience and even Taylor Swift in tears.

"I think it's safe to say most of you know my life whether I liked it or not," she continued. "And I had to stop, because I had everything and I was absolutely broken inside, and I kept it all together enough to where I would never let you down, but I kept it too much together to where I let myself down."


  

Gomez then turned her attention toward social media
.
"I don't want to see your bodies on Instagram," Gomez declared. "I want to see what's in here. I'm not trying to get validation, nor do I need it anymore. All I can say from the bottom of my heart is I'm so grateful that I have the opportunity to be able to share what I love every single day with people that I love, and I have to say thank you so much to my fans, because you guys are so damn loyal, and I don't know what I did to deserve you. But if you are broken, you do not have to stay broken."

The 24-year-old pop star ended her speech by revealing a little more about herself and dedicating her award to her fans, saying, "That's one thing you should know about me: I care about people. And this is for you."

This was the first major public appearance for the "Hands to Myself" singer since announcing she was taking "time off" from her career. Gomez made the announcement about three months ago, explaining that she wanted to deal with issues of depression and anxiety stemming from her battle with lupus.

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome