{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

I'm not worth even $2million - Former President, John Mahama denies $900m worth

Ghana's former President, John Mahama has denounced the report making rounds in Ghana that he is worth about $900 million.

'I am not anywhere near even $2million to talk about $900 million.' he told South Africa's Power FM. I am absolutely nowhere near that,' Mr. Mahama stressed, explaining: 'Often my brother [Ibrahim] is confused with me. My brother is a businessman, he has his assets and I have no interest in his business and I don’t own shares in his business.

'I am a farmer, I have published a book and I have earned royalties from my book and I earn from my farm and that is it. I live a very modest life.' He added.

John Mahama who lost the 2016 presidential polls to Nana Akufo-Addo, is presently in South Africa to deliver the keynote address at the African Leadership Magazine (ALM) Person of the Year 2016 Awards Programme in Johannesburg.

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome