{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Sebastian Appiah writes: Suicide Is Not The Answer. Part 4

The human soul exhibits many characteristics and among them is its inability to withstand or contain pressure. The human soul is designed in such a way that it cannot contain pressure, tension and frustration and as a result when faced with it, tries to find ways to get rid of it. 
 
One of the primary ways it tries to get rid of pressure is withdrawal or giving up hence pressure and tension leads so many people to give up on their jobs, educations and even relationships. However there’s a climax way of the soul’s quest to give up and that is the giving up of life which mostly lead to suicidal attempts.  This is where a person now sees no meaning and reason to live hence wishes death for him. There’s a biblical character by name Jonah, he was faced with this same problem where the scriptures say that he wished death for himself because he came to a state where he thought there was no need for him to live. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, there’s more to live for than to die. In Ecclesiastics 9:4 it reads; “For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.” From the scripture we are made to understand that there’s one advantage the living has over the dead and that is hope. As long as you are still alive, there’s still hope according to the word of God no matter how your situations can be. I quite remember in the year 2015 I lost my dad and that year was one of the nightmares of my life. So many things happened, financial problems among others. 
 
My soul was so pressured and frustrated such that in my heart I wished death for myself. I could sleep at night and tell God to make me die in my sleep. I was haunted to a time that one day I was in school and I was burdened to let myself down from one of the hall towers of the school. I was then alarmed that I should be careful hence I told my Mum of those experiences and the wishes of death that was taking place in my heart. She helped me out through prayer and counseling.  I made up my mind to get myself more into the word of God. Within the shortest possible hours and days, those experiences stopped and I have been focused and committed to my visions more than ever before. Sometimes you need help. Seek prayer and counseling from trusted sources when faced with unbearable pressures in your soul.

I know there are so many of you (if you would be true to yourself) who has been faced with similar challenges however as Ecclesiastics has made it clear to us, “THE LIVING HAS HOPE.” Don’t harm yourself. God says He knows the plans and thoughts He has concerning you. They are good thoughts and not evil. He’s going to give you an unexpected end. I know you have personal plans and it feels like those plans are failing but I see the word of God written in Proverbs 19:21 that God’s purpose and plans shall prevail. 
 
So be inspired daily with the word of God knowing that if your plans fail, God’s plan is what still prevails. I can see the spirit of God hovering even at the reading of this article and I see Him producing peace in men’ heart. Be inspired daily and Live to Inspire Others too. I love you! God bless you. 

By: Sebastian Appiah

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome