{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

'I'm sorry, it was an accident' – Marwako Lebanese Supervisor

The Marwako restaurant at Abelenkpe in Accra
The Lebanese Supervisor at Marwako, Jihad Chaaban, who allegedly forcefully dipped a Ghanaian kitchen staffer’s face into a paste of pepper out of anger, has apologised to her (Evelynd Boakye), saying: “I wish personally to sincerely apologise to you for the incident on the night of 26 February 2017 at our Ablenkpe place of work.”

“True to God, all I sought to do was to point you to something I found wrong. I admit I was angry a bit at the moment and saw you panic and accidentally resulting in the pepper splashing onto your face.

“…I very sincerely regret the incident and apologise to you,” Mr Chaaban said in a letter.

Mr Chaaban, in his apology letter, also said the transport money he gave the victim to pick a car to the hospital on the night of the incident was not meant to be a bribe.

“Please don’t feel I have any hatred for you because you got the police to arrest me and I have to face prosecution and disciplinary proceedings at the same time. I also regret that you may have felt the transport money I gave you was intended to stop you from taking any action. I take my suspension in good faith because of what happened, which has not only hurt you but also brought such embarrassment to the company we both gave our best to give it the excellent reputation it enjoys.”

Below is the full letter:

 The incident is currently being investigated by the police who arrested Mr Chaaban, interrogated him and released him on bail.

Management of Marwako has also come out to condemn the incident and suspended Mr Chaaban over the matter until the police are done with investigations.

Meanwhile, the police foiled an attempted attack on the eatery on Sunday night following an avalanche of anti-Marwako sentiment unfurled on social media dubbed #BoycottMarwako.

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome