{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Beautiful black woman gives the perfect response to someone who said she would be more attractive if she were 'lighter'

A beautiful black woman perfectly shut down an internet troll who tried to shame her for her dark skin colour and her confident reply has since gone viral. 

Mimi Mbah, 19, is an aspiring model, and a student originally from Cameroon.

In accordance with her dreams of being a model, she constantly shares lovely photos of herself striking model-like poses. 
 
The Twitter page African Beauties discovered her and recently shared a few of her Instagram snaps and most people were awed by the stunning shots but one particular person was not pleased and decided to bring her down by offering an unsolicited, insulting opinion.
"(If) she was lighter, she’d be fire," the troll wrote.
Mimi saw the comment and replied him, writing:
"No thanks I wouldn’t trade my skin color for the world! Still fire tho."
Within just a few hours, her response got tens of thousands of retweets, over 50,000 likes, and hundreds of replies showing her support.

"Handled with class, I would have gone crazy mad," one user wrote.
“Your skin is perfection… he’s insecure,” another user wrote.
 
The Maryland-based student spoke to Elite Daily, revealing how she arrived at such confidence. She also advised women to be confident in their skin.
"I used to put myself down for the things that made me who I am today, and I can definitely say now I’ve learned to embrace self-love and appreciate the skin I’m in," Mimi said. 
She added:
"Despite what others may say, you’re beautiful and should feel confident in the skin you’re in."
The incident has given Mimi some popularity and she disclosed that she intends to use it to raise awareness about colorism.
She told BuzzFeed News:
"Now I feel like I have a platform which I want to use to talk about things like that and give advice to other dark-skinned women who are going through similar situations and probably blaming themselves for it. … I actually wanted people to see that colorism is still real."

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome