{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Manchester United re-sign Ibrahimovic on one-year deal

Manchester United have re-signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic on a one-year contract.

According to the statement made on the club’s website, the 35-year-old will wear the number 10 shirt which was previously worn by former captain, Wayne Rooney. The Swede made 46 appearances and scored 28 goals for United during the 2016/17 season but was released by the club in June after his season was ended prematurely by a knee injury.

He is expected to be fit again in December.

Zlatan has won championships in four different leagues since beginning his professional career with Malmo in 1999.

“After his contribution last season he deserves our trust and we will be patient waiting for him to return,” said manager Jose Mourinho

Ibrahimovic said: “I am back to finish what I started. It was always mine and the club’s intention for me to stay. I cannot wait to get back out on that Old Trafford pitch, but I also know that I have to take my time to make sure that I am ready. I have been working hard and will continue to do so to make sure I am in the best possible condition for my return to the pitch.”

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome