{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Charles Bradley, Acclaimed Soul Singer, Dead at 68

Charles Bradley, the acclaimed soul singer and live dynamo who saw his career ascend late in life, has died following a long bout with cancer. He was 68.

"It is with a heavy heart that we announce the passing of Charles Bradley," the singer's rep said in a statement. "Always a fighter, Charles battled cancer with everything he had. He was diagnosed with stomach cancer in the fall of 2016 and underwent treatment. Bradley headed out on the road earlier this year after receiving a clean bill of health but the cancer recently returned, spreading to his liver."

Bradley's reps added, "Thank you for your prayers during this difficult time. Mr. Bradley was truly grateful for all the love he’s received from his fans and we hope his message of love is remembered and carried on."

Earlier this month, Bradley told fans after canceling his fall tour,  "I love all of you out there that made my dreams come true. When I come back, I'll come back strong, with God's love. With God's will, I'll be back soon."

"Right now, I don't see a stopping point 'cause I don't see no place where I can stop at and rest in peace," he told Rolling Stone last year. "But I know that from doing shows for the public, the love when I go out into the audience and hug 'em and the things that they say to me personally … [pauses] Wow. It's not only me onstage doing it. I open their hearts up and they feel the love of my heart and when I go out there and really respond to 'em and talk to 'em, they tell me some things."

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome