{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

French referee Tony Chapron loses his cool, kicks player before sending him off (Photos/Video)

On Sunday, French referee Tony Chapron, 45, made headlines for kicking a footballer and sending him off from the pitch during Ligue 1 match between Nantes and PSG on Sunday.

The referee was caught on camera kicking out at Nantes defender Diego Carlos before sending him off after the Brazilian footballer sent him tumbling on the ground due to a collision.

Before the absurd event, Carlos was already on a yellow card before receiving his second yellow card, followed by a red for sending Chapron to the ground.

After the video was shared online, it attracted negative comments from football fans all over the world, including former England striker Gary Lineker and ex-Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas who were among those that reacted on Twitter.

 In a statement on Monday, referee Tony Chapron apologised for his role in the incident saying he felt a sharp pain where he had recently suffered an injury.

'During the match Nantes-PSG I was knocked over by Diego Carlos, a player with Nantes. At the moment of impact I felt a sharp pain where I had recently suffered an injury,' Chapron said on Monday.

My unfortunate reaction was to stick my leg out towards the player. This clumsy gesture was inappropriate. So I want to apologise following this action.'

 Chapron was later suspended by the French football federation 'until further notice' for his actions.   

According to the FFF, Chapron acknowledged that Carlos inadvertently knocked him over and will provide further details in a report to be submitted to the French league's disciplinary committee.  

Meanwhile, Nantes president Waldemar Kita has called for Chapron to be banned for six months after the match. 

'I received 20 SMS from all over the world telling me that this referee is a joke,' Kita told L'Equipe.  

'What do you want me to say to you? If I talk too much, I will be summoned by an ethics commission. We have no right to say anything. 

'Chapron has to rest and get a massage, it works like that now, we cannot see him. I'm waiting for the green light, otherwise I'll be killed. It's amateurism. 

'At least, you apologise but you do not give a red card, it's not serious. We still have to find a solution, because there is a problem in all this.

It makes me laugh at the end. I have never seen that before. He should be suspended for six months. If we did it, we would be banned for six months.'

Ligue 1 leaders, PSG won the game 1-0 after Argentine winger Angel Di Maria scored in the 12th minute.


No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome