{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Must Watch : In Search Of “Wiyaala Street”

Those with sharp minds will recall that in March 2017, international award-winning songstress Wiyaala, was honoured with a street named after her by the Sissala people of Funsi, the capital of Wa East District in a remote part of the Upper West Region of Ghana.

She posted on her Facebook saying:  “My people said they had a surprise for me.

Little did I know. #WIYAALA#STREET. To the people of #FUNSI #SISAALA land. My village, My home town am honoured!.Thank you.”
 The un-hyped announcement provoked huge media interest. 

But it wasn’t until the last few days of 2017, that Wiyaala was able to return to the village where she grew up and see for herself what had been done in her name.

Watch Part 1 of her journey here:


No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome