{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Teacher suspended after they found out she's a part-time pole dancing instructor (Watch video)

A North Carolina teacher has been left devastated after she was suspended because the district found out she's a part-time pole dancing instructor.

Kandice Mason, a single mother of two who works in Hoke County, at West Hoke County Middle School posted a video of herself dancing on her private Facebook page, but when the school district saw the video they suspended her with pay pending an investigation.

According to multiple reports, Mason has three degrees; a masters in psychology, bachelors in English, and a certificate in phlebotomy. She's also a self-taught pole dancer, which she uses to unwind in her home after long days in the classroom.

"That's how I stay in shape. That's how I feel like I can express myself and have time for myself," Mason said.

Although, Hoke County Schools didn't specify why Mason was suspended but cited a policy that says employees should be role models, even when they're not at work.

“I've worked so hard to try and make sure I can provide for my daughters and our livelihood, to have it jeopardized just for doing something that I'm passionate about,” Mason said.

"I've never felt ashamed of pole dancing. It's just an art for me. I just don't see it as negative," she added.

Watch video of Kandice pole dancing below.


No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome