{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Kwesi Nyantakyi heads to CAS to appeal FIFA ban

Embattled former Ghana Football Association President, Kwesi Nyantakyi has signalled his intent to appeal a lifetime ban from all football activities.

Nyantakyi was banished from the football community [Tuesday, October 30] after the FIFA Ethics Adjudicatory Committee found him guilty of having violated Article 19 (Conflict of Interest), Article 21 (Bribery and corruption) and Article 22 (Commission) of the FIFA Code of Ethics, 2012 edition.

Describing the decision as unfair, harsh and unwarranted, Mr Nyantakyi said his lawyers are reviewing the facts for appeal at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

He said the decision to appeal is motivated by the quest to clear his name after already resigning all his football positions.
"I wish to express my shock and deep sadness after receiving the decision from the FIFA Ethics Adjudicatory Committee on Tuesday," Mr Nyantakyi said in a statement on Wednesday.

"My legal advisors are under my instructions to urgently appeal the decision as I think it was unfair, harsh and unwarranted.

"I will use all the legal channels available to seek redress and establish the facts I presented to the committee. Even though I have already resigned from all my football positions, it is important I establish the facts with the sole aim of clearing my name".

 Read Mr Nyantakyi's entire statement below;

Kwesi Nyantakyi heads to CAS to appeal FIFA ban

I wish to express my shock and deep sadness after receiving the decision from the FIFA Ethics Adjudicatory Committee on Tuesday.

My legal advisors are under my instructions to urgently appeal the decision as I think it was unfair, harsh and unwarranted.

I will use all the legal channels available to seek redress and establish the facts I presented to the committee.

Even though I have already resigned from all my football positions, it is important I establish the facts with the sole aim of clearing my name.

At this moment I am unable to provide any further details as my lawyers are reviewing the facts for appeal at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

I wish to express my sincere gratitude to the people of Ghana, Africa and indeed across the globe for the overwhelming support and outpouring of sympathy.

Thank you.

Mr. Kwesi Nyantakyi

.....signed.....


No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome