{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Andy Ruiz Jr. knocks out Anthony Joshua in the 7th round to become world heavyweight champion

Andy Ruiz Jr. has defeated British title-holder Anthony Joshua in the seventh round of their fight in New York to become the first Mexican-American heavyweight world champion. 

 Joshua, previously undefeated, was defending his IBF, WBA and WBO titles but was knocked down four times before underdog Ruiz was awarded a technichal knockout.

Ruiz, 29, a native of southern California, became the first boxer of Mexican descent to win a heavyweight title as he captured Joshua's IBF, WBA and WBO titles with excessive force and heart. 

The upset was arguably the biggest within the division since Hasim Rahman stopped Lennox Lewis in 2001 and brought back memories of James "Buster" Douglas' 1990 win over Mike Tyson.

"I just want to thank God for giving me this victory. Without him this wouldn't have been possible. 

This is what I have been dreaming about. This is what I have been working hard for, and I can't believe I just made my dreams come true" Ruiz said.


No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome