{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Fuse ODG to perform at 2019 AFCON closing ceremony

UK-Based Ghanaian musician, Fuse ODG, will be performing at the closing ceremony of the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Egypt, tomorrow July 19.

Fuse ODG made the announcement on his Twitter handle tweeting: "Touch Down Egypt with the team!! Happy to announce I’ll be performing at the closing ceremony for African Cup of Nations Finals. Me ready to rep! It’s a worldwide movement… #AFCON19#NewAfricaNation."

Showbiz spoke with Fuse ODG from Egypt and he said he was excited at being on the line up.

“I am really happy for this and it means a lot to me. Africa is blessed and AFCON is a great opportunity to showcase what we have as Africans and I am glad to do this.

“Representing Ghana is great and I will not disappoint. I am one of the people who have always believed that we have so much to offer when it comes to music and creativity and that is what I intend to show to Africa and the rest of the world. I am going to lift the flag of Ghana high,” he said.

On what songs he will perform, he said, “it is nothing extraordinary but one that people can relate to. I wish I could give it all out but I want fans and everyone to watch me and have a first hand feel of it.”

Fuse ODG also told Showbiz that he has other amazing projects he is currently working on. “The dream is to always be on the go and do great things and that is what we are working on now. We have lots and lots of things in store for everyone so people should just watch out,” he stated.

Talking about how his African range of dolls known as the Nana dolls is doing on the
market, he said, “it is going well and I must say, I’m really grateful for the love and reception since it was launched.”

After four weeks of exciting football, the curtains will be drawn on the AFCON on Friday, July 19, with Senegal and Algeria battling for the trophy at the Cairo International Stadium.




No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome