{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Serena Williams becomes the oldest woman to reach a Grand Slam final after victory over Barbora Strycova

Serena Williams has qualified for her 11th Wimbledon final after defeating Czech Barbora Strycova in a brutal 6-1 6-2 victory in 59 minutes on Centre Court on Thursday.

The 37-year-old mother of one will become the oldest woman to contest a Grand Slam final on Saturday and a victory for the tennis superstar will see her land her 24th Grand Slam.

Speaking after the match, Williams said: "It's good, especially after my year. It definitely feels good to be back in the final.

"I just needed some matches. I know I'm improving and I just needed to feel good and then I can do what I do best which is play tennis.

"I love what I do, I wake up every morning and I get to be fit and play sport and play in front of crowds like here at Wimbledon - not everyone can do that.

"I love what I do, I'm still pretty good at what I do and it's always an amazing experience."

Williams leads the head-to-head with Halep 9-2 and when asked about playing the 27-year-old, she said: "We always have tough matches.

"This was a tough match for me and I look forward to it."




No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome