{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

I deserve more Ballon d’Or awards than Messi - Ronaldo

Portugese Football star, Cristiano Ronaldo who has a world's best player (Ballon d'Or) awards tie with Lionel Messi, has stated that he deserves more awards than the Argentinian player.

Ronaldo expressed how eager he was to finish with at least one more trophy than Messi as he sat for an interview with Piers Morgan on Britain’s ITV on Tuesday September 17.

    "I would love [more], and I think I deserve it," the Juventus forward told ITV's Piers Morgan in an intreview.

    The 34-year-old said, "Messi's in the history of football - but I think I have to have six or seven or eight to be above him," hinting that retirement is not in his plans anytime soon.

The superstar footballer also said he considers himself the best footballer in the world even if football fans think otherwise.

    "I'm sure I'm in the history of football for what I have done and what I'm continuing to do, but one of the best players in history," the former Manchester United and Real Madrid star said.

    "For me, the number one in history, but for some fans, if the number one is another one and I'm second, it doesn't matter. I know I'm in the history of football as one of the greatest ever," he added.

He reiterated that he's not friends with Messi but added that they have a good relationship.

    "My relationship with him is, we are not friends, but we have shared this stage for 15 years. I have a good relationship with him and I know that he has pushed me to be a better player and I have pushed him to be a better player as well," Ronaldo said.

Ronaldo has been locked in a head-to-head battle with the Argentinian maestro for more than a decade. They currently find themselves tied with five Ballon d’Ors each.


No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome