{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Obour shows off new look as he cuts dreadlocks

On Thursday, January 7, former President of the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA), Bice Osei Kuffour popularly known as Obour who had kept his dreadlocks for nearly 20 years, debuted his new look, a shaven head, as he fulfilled the promise he made and emphasised recently. The locks were shaved off on Wednesday, January 6.

He sported his new look to the swearing-in of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo for his second term, which took place at Parliament.

In a chat with Graphic Showbiz on Wednesday, Obour had said the locks would go off soon.  

“Yes, I promised my fans I will chop off my locks when I turn 40 and to show them I am a man of my word, my locks are going off. In fact, they might not even see this weekend.

Throwing more light on why his longer -than-waist-length locks had to go, the Konkontiba hitmaker said, "my dreadlocks were my look for music and since I am going off music for a while, I need a new look, I need to rebrand.

The new obour

 “For me, the year 2021 is a new year, I am looking at rebranding, a new feeling and a new image. And since life begins at 40, I am looking forward to new opportunities and new challenges.

“The year 2020 was terrible for me. I lost the elections for the parliamentary primaries for the Asante Akyem South seat although I worked very hard. I also lost my father so I want to end 2020 with all the 2020 things.

“And begin 2021 with 2021 things which start with my looks thus parting ways with my locks, enrolling in a Masters in Strategic Management programme at the University of Ghana among others."

Obour first made the promise to do away with the dreadlocks at the Back In the Day concert in 2017 and emphasised that vow on Christmas Day last year at Okyeame Kwame’s Hiplife Party which came off at the +233 Bar and Grill.

 

Source: graphic showbiz

 

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome