{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Beyonce: I’ve fought to protect my sanity and my privacy

Beyonce has spoken about creating boundaries between her public and personal life.

The singing superstar, who has been in the public eye for two decades since Destiny’s Child shot to fame in 1990, said it was “easy to lose yourself” in showbusiness and said the cut-throat industry can easily “take your spirit and light, then spit you out”.

Speaking in a new interview as she was unveiled as the cover star of Harper’s BAZAAR’s September 2021 issue, she said: “In this business, so much of your life does not belong to you unless you fight for it. I’ve fought to protect my sanity and my privacy because the quality of my life depended on it.”

The mother-of-three, 39, who has been married to rapper Jay-Z since 2008, said she has fought to have a private life despite her success, arguing her “quality of my life depended on it”.

She said: “Throughout my career, I’ve been intentional about setting boundaries between my stage persona and my personal life. My family and friends often forget the side of me that is the beast in stilettos until they are watching me perform. It can be easy to lose yourself very quickly in this industry. It takes your spirit and light, then spits you out.

“I’ve seen it countless times, not only with celebrities but also producers, directors, executives, etc. It’s not for everyone. Before I started, I decided that I’d only pursue this career if my self-worth was dependent on more than celebrity success. I’ve surrounded myself with honest people who I admire, who have their own lives and dreams and are not dependent on me. People I can grow and learn from and vice versa.”

Beyonce - also known for her sports fashion range Ivy Park - became famous alongside Kelly Rowland and Michelle WIlliams in Destiny’s Child.

They become known for hits Survivor and Bootylicous throughout the 90s.

She said Rowland and Williams were still her “best friends” as well as revealing her former bandmates and her sister, singer Solange, were among her biggest inspirations.

Beyonce turns 40 in September and said her “wish” was for her next decade to be “fun and full of freedom”.


 

 

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome